Through Jade's Eyes

This blog is about the fictional character, Jade del Cameron (www.suzannearruda.com), and the historical time period in which she lives.

My Photo
Name:
Location: www.suzannearruda.com, United States

I'm the author of the Jade del Cameron historical mystery series set in 1920's Africa. Lots of action, intrigue, mystery and a dash of romance. Follow me at www.twitter.com/SuzanneArruda *The audio link (view complete profile) is an interview by Baron Ron Herron (9/17/2009, Santa Barbara {CA} News-Press Radio, KZSB, AM 1290

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Here's to David Thompson

Dear Blog readers:

This week, the mystery book world was stunned and saddened to learn about the sudden passing of David Thompson of Houston's Murder by the Book and Busted Flush Press. I had the pleasure of meeting David when I was a green new author. He'd personally invited me to do a book signing at the store and it was the first time I'd gone afield to do an "event." He made me feel like I was already an established, famous author, sharing his love and knowledge of books with me.

In an era where authors and publishers worry about Printed books vs electronic, a person who loved books as much as David was a godsend. We can only pray for someone else to pick up the torch and carry on.

My heartfelt sympathy to his beloved wife, McKenna Jordan for her loss.

McKenna and the staff of Murder by the Book are hosting a special tribute to David which you can find here http://www.murderbooks.com/
I know I can't make it, but I encourage anyone who knew David or who just appreciates a good mystery to raise a glass of whatever you have on hand, be it a margarita or tea, and drink a toast to him.

Here's to you, David. We'll all miss you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home